Until you make the unconscious
It will direct your life,
And you will call it
- Carl G. Jung
- Are you a teen struggling with anxiety? If so, you are definitely not alone. Check out this amazing resource from AnxietyBC.
- Brené Brown's TED talk on the Power of Vulnerability - ranked on the list of some of the most powerful TED talks to date, which I wholeheartedly agree! My YouTube page has links to my favourite recommendations for you.
- How stress is affecting your health. Infographic.
- Learn about Meditation from Headspace.com.
- Learn about Mindfulness from the experts. And, five simple steps to Mindfulness that really work.
- The surprising link between anxiety and your gut health!
- Had a rough childhood? Find your ACE score and see what it means and doesn't mean.
- Do you or does someone you love struggle with disordered eating? Try Sheena's Place, with programs in Toronto and free resources online. There is also a local outpatient program at William Osler.
- If you have decided you might need services specific to a mental health concern, try the Canadian Mental Health Association, for Peel Region.
- Mind Your Mind - advocacy for mental health
- Canadian Positive Psychology Association - free articles and downloads
- Interim Place
905-676-8515 or 905-403-0864; TTY - 905-676-0284 or 905-403-0453
Offers 24-hour crisis line, online chat, and in-person counselling and support, referrals, information about sexual abuse and assault.
- Caledon Community Services - 905-584-2300; Royal Courtyards, Upper Level 18 King Street East, Bolton ON L7E 1E8. free counselling services available to residents of Caledon.
- Victim Services of Peel
Offers 24-hour immediate crisis intervention to persons victimized by crime or tragic circumstances in the Peel community.
- Distress Centres of Toronto
Confidential support and referrals provided by volunteers 24 hours a day. Interpreters for callers in crisis are available in 151 languages. TTY service available for the hearing impaired.
- VIGOR - comprehensive guides for women in abusive relationships, who need support. Download planning tools and protective strategies for free.
- Grief, and support for caregivers. When a loved one is terminally ill: talking about death and end of life decisions.
- Support for teenagers and adolescents: depression, anxiety, substance abuse and more.